SPECTRE is a new fast Rigid Inflatable boat (RIB) powered by twin outboard engines that offers a range of exciting cruises from the V & A Waterfront.
Spectre is available for a wide range of trips and activities; if you can imagine it, we can do it. Currently on offer are scheduled and private trips from the V&A Waterfront, as well as trips from other ports when required. Spectre is designed for use by the general public, tour operators, adventure operators, marine film teams and dive boat services. With a road trailer to reach other ports, we can get Spectre to where it needs to be.
- Length 8.6 M (New 2016 Gemini Design.)
- SAMSA Licence for 12 passengers and 2 crew. (10 passengers on Fast Trips.)
- Powered by Twin 200Hp 4-stroke Yamaha Outboards.
- Single open deck with centre console and jockey seats; ideal for quick runs down the coast to Clifton or across Table Bay. T-Top or Hard Top over console to provide sun protection. No Toilets facilities.
- Available for daily scheduled cruises (4 Passenger minimums apply) and private charters.
- No Bar Facilities – cool box and refreshments can be arranged with prior notice
- Very limited catering on prior request.
- Equipped with A.I.S , GPS and VHF marine radio
- Seal Island Cruises from Hout Bay. (2 Hour Charter plus road transport cost.)
- Stand Up Paddle boarding at Clifton. (2 Hour Charter plus SUP hire.)
- As an add-on to your private yacht charter. We can organise trips from your yacht at anchor in Clifton or Granger Bay. An ideal super- yacht toy!
- Meet and greet for Volvo Ocean Race Yachts.
- Meet and greet for Clipper Round the World Race.
- Spectator Boat for ocean race starts from Cape Town – Volvo Ocean Race; Cape To Rio; Clipper Round the World.
- Scuba Dive Charters with licensed Dive Master.
- Support Boat for Robben Island swim.
Q. What is the minimum amount of people that the boat will go out with?
A. On a half hour trip we go out with a minimum of 4 people. On a 1-hour trip we go out with a minimum of 2 people.
Q. What speed does the boat do?
A. The top speed of the boat is 40 knots.
Q. Can I take electronic equipment aboard the boat?
A. You are welcome to take any electronics on the cruise, but this will be at your own risk as we do on occasion pick up some spray along the way. After all this is a speed boat on the ocean; spray is part of the fun.
Q. Can I wear my sunglasses and hat?
A. You are welcome to wear your sunglasses and hats but it will be at your own risk as the chances of these blowing off is great.
Q. Are kids allowed on the speed boats?
A. Yes, kids are allowed providing they can straddle the jockey seat and their feet touch the ground.
A2. If kids are too small to straddle the seat then they will be able to still go if the trip is a private trip; the ride will be downscaled to accommodate the children on the boat. Still a lot of fun on the water.
Q. What is the weight limit on the boat?
A. The first 4 front seats have a weight limit of 80kg for safety reasons. Thereafter we can accommodate most people. The seats are quite close to each other but have ample space to comfortably accommodate passengers.
Q. How many people can go on the boat?
A. Spectre can accommodate 12 passengers and Jetboat 2 can accommodate 10 people.
Q. What is the dress code?
A. Casual wear is the best. High heels of any nature are a definite no-no. (If the weather permits there might be enough time for a nice dip in the water before returning to the Waterfront, so consider wearing bathing gear underneath clothing.)
Q. Can I go on the speed boat after any recent operations or injuries?
A. While we strive to have a lot of fun on the water we do not take people out that have any ankle, knee or back problems, for their own safety and wellbeing. No people allowed who have undergone operations within the previous 6 months.