Experience one of Cape Town’s unique adventures: snorkelling with Cape Fur Seals! The Adrenalised team are keen to share the beauty of Cape Town’s Atlantic coastline, followed by an up close and personal snorkelling adventure in the ocean with its most playful mammals, the seals. On the exhilarating speedboat trip, you will also have the chance to see whales, penguins, sunfish and seabirds as we make our way from our base in the V&A Waterfront to the Cape Fur Seal colony at Oudekraal, just past Camp’s Bay.
* In the unlikely event that the primary boat for this cruise is unavailable due to unforeseen circumstances, we reserve the right to utilize an alternative vessel for this experience. Be assured that Waterfront Charters will always make every possible effort to ensure that the advertised vessel is available. Some Cruises do not have a dedicated boat for the cruise and rely on a pool of available vessels at Waterfront Charters to cover fluctuations in weather, seasonal passenger numbers and planned maintenance.
- Minimum Age: 10 years or older
- No experience is needed for snorkelers but you must be a competent swimmer.
- Motion sickness is a problem for some people, so please be aware of this.
- 2 Hours with 30 minutes snorkeling time with the Cape Fur Seals.
What to Wear / Equipment
- Bring a bathing suit, towel, cap, sunglasses and sun screen.
- Wear protective clothing appropriate to the weather conditions.
- We will provide you with all of the Aqualung snorkelling equipment including a Mask, Snorkel, Wetsuit, Booties, Gloves, Fins and Hoodies.
Safety aboard the Adventure Boats:
Waterfront Charters are serious about safety and our guests are our top priority. Please read through our safety guidelines before booking:
Only children over the age of 13 are allowed aboard, and they must be over 1.2 metres in height and able to straddle the on-board seats with both feet on the deck.
We are obliged to put weight restrictions on the seating as well to ensure the wellbeing of our adult guests.
- A maximum of 80kg allowed in front seats.
- A maximum of 100kg allowed in back seats.
Our lifejackets /PFD’s available sizes are: 60 to 125cm chest size.
The following conditions may be adversely affected by the trip: Pregnancy, High Blood Pressure; Heart Conditions; Acute and/or Chronic Knee or Back Injuries. Any person with declared medical condition will not be permitted to go on the trip unless a medical certificate approving the trip - signed within the previous 30 days - is obtained and handed into the office.
Group Size / Spectators
- Minimum of 4 and a maximum of 8 snorkelers.
- The best time of year for Oudekraal is in the Cape Town summer months from October to April and we run daily trips from the V&A Waterfront weather dependant.
- 08:30 to 10:30
- 11:00 to 13:00
Seal Snorkelling Experience Includes:
- High speed boat ride.
- Informative briefing on seals.
- Informative briefing regarding snorkeling equipment and use.
- Dive guides.
- Hot chocolate and biscuits
- Bottled water.
- All snorkeling equipment.
- Expeditions are weather dependent.